What They Are Saying...
“exhilarating, very versatile trumpet performer and educator"
- Jose Sibaja, lead trumpet, Boston Brass
"Exemplary! He loves music to such a high degree that he always seems to approach every piece or composition with the utmost musicality and expressiveness…extremely talented and awesome player!"
- Dr. Langston J. Fitzgerald, III. , Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, 1970-2003 (retired), Professor of Trumpet, Pennsylvania State University
"John is an absolute pleasure to perform with! He is a consistent player, versatile, and reliable all while making the job a breeze. He is an example of a true professional. All around great person and a fun hang!"
- Gabriel Staznik, percussionist - performer, educator, arranger (www.GabrielStaznik.com)
"John is a trumpeter who doesn't fear artistic boundaries, instead tackling them head on in order to create an exciting musical experience. As a composer, that's the first thing I hope to hear most from a player performing my music - someone who will take a risk in search of a "knife edge" moment, and John certainly does that, combining it with great technical abilities, leading to invigorating and engaging performances that would please any listener, not to mention that most difficult to please of breeds: the composer!"
- Dr. Peter Meechan, composer
"John always plays at the highest level with a musical sensibility that is unmatched!"
- James Armstrong, Instructor of Percussion, Millersville University of Pennsylvania
"... considerable skills, musical and technical, while presenting a varied concert of jazz and classical selections. Highly recommended."
- Dr. Maria Thompson Corley, piano, DMA, The Juilliard School
"John is an excellent lead trumpet player. He brings a high level of commitment and consistency to every performance. John is a good example of someone who takes their craft very seriously."
- Andrew Roberts, Music Director, American Music Theatre
"John's playing is full of heart. It is the type of playing that has a natural ease about it while conveying a message that resonates with all. He is a rare and stunning musician."
- Benjamen Blasko, composer, conductor